Thursday, August 17, 2006

italian language in italy : italian language courses

“Lessons in Italian” is a course borne from my three years of instructing foreign students in Italian grammar and culture at Porta D’Oriente School. Over the years I have come to understand both the joys and the difficulties of this particular type of work. I have come to realize that foreign students need more than just Italian language instruction – they also need an instructor who can be sympathetic and understanding of their intimidation with a new language and environment, and who can be gentle with both the process of learning and the process of adapting. However, I have also found it is necessary to balance this tender approach with correct behavior; and to be stubborn when it comes to assuring that that a student acquires the knowledge essential to communicate effectively.

It is this philosophy that I have developed over the years and that has been instrumental in building trusting and mutually respectful relationships with my students.
Thank you to all of my foreign students for both the gratitude and the trust you have shown me and in particular Barbara Dimitri of the Porta D'Oriente School (Otranto).

With Much Love,

Patrizia Convenga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home